My photo
My enduring passion is for the mountains and wilderness. Having trained as an environmental scientist I have somehow fallen into the world of ultra and endurance running. My dream is to encourage people to realise the sanctuary of the mountains, the richness of our environment and our responsibility to protect it, and the value of challenging yourself both physically and mentally.

Twitter

Thursday 17 September 2009

Namaste


The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.

RALPH WALDO EMERSON


Until the end of October I am on expedition in the Himalaya - please forgive me - I may not be able to update my blog - but there WILL be news on The North Face website - so please, please read there if you are interested!

I will be thinking of you all.

Namaste!


http://thenorthfaceeu.typepad.com/trilogyexpedition/


Back to the chaos of a city, the sights, smells, noise and heat that are Kathmandu ….


It brings back memories of 2 years ago, a journey to the summit of Ama Dablam and running back to Kathmandu. Precious memories of this world - this world that is a world away from ‘home’, a world away from the familiarity of Europe.


24 hours in the city - the confusion of tiredness after travelling over 30 hours and kris-crossing time zones, and this after the intensity and emotion of a fleeting weekend in New York for my younger brother’s wedding. But finally we had a night’s sleep, my bags are packed for the acclimatisation leg of our journey, and I can really start to believe and to feel ‘here’ and that this incredible adventure is about to begin.


Tomorrow the mountains are waiting for us - and I look forward being back once again in the Khumbu. Step by step, one step at a time. Each moment to be savoured.


We will see the sky - not limited to glimpses caught between high buildings, not clouded by dust and dirt - but the wide open sky of the mountains. It will be our daily bread - food for the soul.


1 comment:

FĂ©lix said...

Beautiful post, especially the last paragraph. R.W.E. would be proud. Enjoy your expedition.

Greetings from Venezuela.